Apply for Subsidized Art Studio Space in DUMBO HIGHLIGHT
|When||1 Jun 2021 - 30 Jun 2021|
|Where||Two Trees Management Co
45 Main Street
Brooklyn, NY 11201
Apply for Subsidized Art Studio Space in DUMBO through Two Trees’ Cultural Space Subsidy Program
Two Trees is dedicated to maintaining a diverse group of commercial tenants that exemplify DUMBO’s identity as a place where creativity, entrepreneurship, and community engagement are celebrated. Recognizing that market rents are not feasible for all, the Cultural Space Subsidy Program dedicates studio space at below market rates to be awarded to artists that best demonstrate their capabilities and intent to provide a social benefit to DUMBO and the broader Brooklyn community.
Professional artists with a strong exhibition history or community focused practice are eligible to apply.
Through the Cultural Space Subsidy Program, artists and cultural nonprofits can lease studio and office in Two Trees’ commercial buildings in DUMBO, Brooklyn. Located in landmarked, industrial loft buildings, available spaces range from 750-2,500 RSF. Historic elements have been preserved–hardwood floors, exposed mechanicals, and the original concrete superstructure–these open spaces are appropriate for open offices and artist studios, but cannot accommodate performance, theater, or rehearsal space.
Two Trees commercial buildings have shared amenities for all tenants, including communal conference rooms and roof decks. Available spaces are equipped for phone and high-speed data, and have windows, air conditioning, and heat.
License Agreement Terms:
- The Two Trees Cultural Space Subsidy Program offers a reduced rate of $12/RSF per year.
- License agreements granted will be for up to three (3) years. There is no renewal option, however, tenants may re-apply at the end of their term.
- Tenant to pay all applicable common charges, real estate, and utilities.
- Tenant must obtain limited liability insurance for the duration of their lease.
- Grantees must maintain an active professional practice. The space may not be used for storage or sublet to other groups or individuals.
- Use of highly toxic chemicals, welding, or high-powered electrical equipment is prohibited.
- Living in Two Trees commercial spaces is strictly prohibited.
Application and Award Timeline:
- Application period opens June 1, 2021.
- Applications are due Wednesday, June 30, 2021, 11:59 PM EST.
- Recipients will be contacted in September 2021.
- License Agreements will begin in early 2022, with an expiration date of December 31, 2024.
Applications are available at https://twotreesny-cssp.submittable.com/submit
For more information please click here.
Image courtesy of the event organizer.