Open Call | AAA-A Summer 2021 Internship Program
Asia Art Archive in America (AAAinA) is an independent nonprofit whose mission is to collect, preserve, and make information on contemporary art from and of Asia easily accessible in order to facilitate understanding, research and writing in the field. AAAinA seeks a motivated, responsible, and organized part-time summer intern to assist with collection management and public program development.
The internship program at AAAinA is an opportunity to learn how a non-profit organization operates, to discover new interpretations of contemporary art, and to engage with artists, art professionals, and other students in the contemporary art world. This internship is open to undergraduates, graduate students, and recent graduates and can either be fully virtual or hybrid virtual/onsite, depending on the applicant’s location and circumstances.
AAAinA internship responsibilities vary according to current needs and may include some of the following:
- Supporting the AAAinA team team with research, planning and coordination of the public program series,
- Cataloguing, labeling, and shelving the physical collection (on-site only),
- Updating the online collection database, including the digital video collection,
- Assisting with program documentation, including video editing and transcription,
- Participating in the organization of online special events and screenings, including documentation and social media publicity, and
- Executing general administrative duties, as assigned.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Interested in collections management and art history; knowledge of contemporary Asian art a plus.
- Working toward a degree in Fine Art, Art History, Non-Profit Administration, or Library Science.
- Very detail-oriented and able to work independently to complete projects.
- Familiar with MS Office, Adobe Photoshop and InDesign.
- Experience with Final Cut Pro or other video editing software (preferred but not necessary).
- Familiarity with at least one Asian language a plus.
- A minimum of two days per week from 11:00 am to 6:00 pm.
- Start date will ideally be at end of May or early June.
- $105/day stipend. Academic credit also available.
To apply, please submit a copy of your résumé and a brief cover letter as a single PDF attachment to email@example.com with the subject line Summer Internship 2021 by Friday, April 30, 2021.