Summer Internship 2023: Programs and Collections
Summer Internship: Program and Collections – Asia Art Archive in America Internship Program
Asia Art Archive in America (AAA in A) is an independent nonprofit whose mission is to collect, preserve, and make information on contemporary art from and of Asia easily accessible in order to facilitate understanding, research, and writing in the field.
AAA in A seeks a motivated, responsible, and organized part-time intern to assist with programming and collection management. The internship program at AAA in A is an opportunity to learn how a non-profit organization operates, to discover new interpretations of contemporary art, and to engage with artists, art professionals, and other students in the contemporary art world.
This internship is open to undergraduates, graduate students, and recent graduates and will be conducted on-site at AAA-A’s Brooklyn location.
AAA in A internship responsibilities vary according to current needs and may include some of the following:
- Cataloging, labeling, and shelving the physical collection.
- Updating the online collection database, including the digital video collection.
- Guiding researchers on how to use our archive and providing collection materials for them.
- Supporting AAA in A programming from ideation to execution, including support with documentation, logistics, and day-of support.
- Supporting communications related to both collections and programming, such as outreach on newsletters and social media. This includes collection highlights and programming announcements to engage audiences and drive event participation.
- Executing general administrative duties, as assigned.
- A minimum of two days per week from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm.
- Available to start in early Jun through Aug.
- Working toward a degree in Fine Art, Art History, Non-Profit Administration, or Library Science.
- Strong communicator with writing and editing skills.
- Detail oriented and Proactive, able to work independently to complete projects.
- Familiar with MS Office, G Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, and Final Cut Pro or other video editing software.
- Interest in art history, knowledge of contemporary art of Asia and the Asian diaspora a plus.
- Interest in collections management and art history, knowledge of contemporary art of Asia and the Asian diaspora a plus.
- Demonstrated knowledge of or experience using social media platforms is a plus.
- Familiarity with at least one Asian language is a plus.
Compensation: $105/day stipend. Academic credit is also available.
If you have a Google account, please use this linked Google form to apply. Otherwise, please apply by sending us your resume and cover letter as a single PDF to email@example.com with the subject “AAA-A Summer 2023 Internship”. All materials must be submitted by no later than 11:59 PM on 5/8/2023. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.