Fall Internship Program
Asia Art Archive in America Internship Program
Asia Art Archive in America (AAA in A) is an independent nonprofit whose mission is to collect, preserve, and make information on contemporary art from and of Asia easily accessible in order to facilitate understanding, research, and writing in the field.
AAA in A seeks a motivated, responsible, and organized part-time intern to assist with collection management and public program development. The internship program at AAA in A is an opportunity to learn how a non-profit organization operates, to discover new interpretations of contemporary art, and to engage with artists, art professionals, and other students in the contemporary art world.
This internship is open to undergraduates, graduate students, and recent graduates and will be conducted on-site at AAA-A’s Brooklyn location.
AAA in A internship responsibilities vary according to current needs and may include some of the following:
- Supporting the AAA in A team with research, planning and coordination of the public program series.
- Cataloguing, labeling, and shelving the physical collection.
- Updating the online collection database, including the digital video collection.
- Assisting with program documentation, including video editing and transcription.
- Participating in the organization of online special events and screenings, including documentation and social media publicity.
- Executing general administrative duties, as assigned.
- Interested in collections management and art history, knowledge of contemporary Asian art a plus.
- Working toward a degree in Fine Art, Art History, Non-Profit Administration, or Library Science.
- Very detail-oriented and able to work independently to complete projects.
- Familiar with MS Office, Adobe Photoshop and InDesign.
- Experience with Final Cut Pro or other video editing software
- Familiarity with at least one Asian language a plus.
- A minimum of two days per week from 11:00 am to 6:00 pm.
- Available to start in early September through mid December.
- For this internship, fluency in Chinese is required.
Compensation: $105/day stipend. Academic credit also available.
To apply, please submit a copy of your resume and a brief cover letter as a single PDF attachment to email@example.com by 8/15/2022.